Like every year, retail versions of the next Call of Duty have begun appearing in the wild before launch as a player has already gotten hold of an Xbox 360 copy of the game.
Plus, the player has posted multiple pictures of the retail disks and has leaked loads of new details including names of all the multiplayer maps and descriptions of all the new modes. According to the images, the Xbox 360 version includes two disks, one of which has to be installed.
From this point on, read at your own risk as the leaked details include spoilers. Full lists of the multiplayer maps and modes have been included below. Fourteen multiplayer maps have been confirmed to be included in the game, 15 if the bonus “Free Fall” map is also counted.
Multiplayer maps include Chasm, Flooded, Free Fall (bonus map), Freight, Octane, Overload Prison Break, Seige, Sovereign, Stonehaven, Strikezone, Stormfront, Tremor, Warhawk, and Whiteout. Modes and descriptions are included below.
- Blitz – Make it to the portal on the enemy’s spawn point.
- Cranked – Kill enemies before the timer ends. Each kill restarts the timer.
- Domination – Capture and hold the flags. Every two seconds a flag is held, the team gets a point. First team to 200 points wins.
- Free-for-All – Every man for himself. First player to 30 kills is the winner.
- Grind – Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Hunted – Available in both team and free-for-all. Resources are limited. Fight for control of weapon drops to gain superiority.
- Infected – Eliminated players become Infected. Last player to survive when the timer ends wins.
- Kill Confirmed – Recover dog tags to gain points for your team. First team to 100 points wins.
- Search and Destroy – Teams take turns defending or trying to destroy the objective. Every player has one life, no respawns.
- Search and Rescue – Teams take turns defending or trying to destroy the objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Team Deathmatch – Kill players on the enemy team. First team to reach score limit wins.
[Update] All of the weapon camos have also been leaked. Includes Snow, Brush, Autumn, Ocean, Red, Scale, Caustic, Crocodile, Green, Net, Trail, Woodland, and Gold. Thanks to Examiner for the list.
[Update #2] The official descriptions of the multiplayer maps have been outed via a fan’s Imgur. Read them after the break.
- Prison Break – A prison deep in the jungle. Clever tactics give the stealthiest of players the advantage in Hunted matches.
- Octane – Sin City! Deal out some damage in this fast action shoot em’ up. Ideal for Kill Confirmed matches.
- Tremor – In the heart of Texas, on the edge of an impact crater. Multi-tiered, earth shattering action.
- Freight – Factory transport depot. Cross the tracks to prove who is the dominant combatant in this classic-style map.
- Whiteout – Satellite fall is projected to hit this Alaskan fishing outpost. A large map with rough terrain.
- Stormfront – Weather out the storm. Vertically mixed with open space creates intense Search and Rescue matches.
- Siege – Abandoned industrial island. Lots of cover with plenty of spacious sightlines for open-style combat.
- Warhawk – Evacuated town ravaged by mortars. Open streets and tight alleys give a great all-around combat experience.
- Sovereign – Tank assembly plant. Quick engagements in a turn-by-turn action-packed pace-setter.
- Overlord – Satellite military outpost. Control the center in intense Domination matches.
- Stonehaven – Fight amidst a ruined castle in the Scottish highlands. Open layout allows for long distance engagements.
- Chasm – High-impact gameplay. Verticality mixed with medium and closerange combat.
- Flooded – Aftermath of a destroyed dam. Jump into the battle and don’t drown.
- Strikezone – Baseball stadium under threat of an orbital strike. Slide into the fast-paced action.
Source: Mute0909 (Instagram)