It’s the morning of Gamescom and Treyarch have already shown off loads of new multiplayer gameplay to the press, and now, a bunch of info has been undisclosed to the public as of this morning – including new screenshots, videos, and details.
Gamescom coverage of Black Ops II multiplayer officially begins on Wednesday, August 15th, however, a few members of the press were able to get hands-on with the game prior to the reveal. They’ve released their own previews, gameplay, and much more, from their peek at the mode.
We’ve included the confirmed facts and details below, along with links to the original reviews, videos, and screenshots. Take a look!
Features to be included in the game
- Combat Training has been confirmed to return.
- League Play, a matchmaking system that groups players into divisions based on skill/ wins.
- Codcasting, seen in the multiplayer trailer, allows players to shoutcast during games.
- Live Streaming is a “work in progress.”
- Wager Matches confirmed to return, along with custom gametypes.
- Multi-team Team Deathmatch and HardPoint, two new gamemodes to appear in multiplayer.
- Emblem Editor will be returning.
- “Pick 10” – Ten point allocation system will be used in create-a-class.
- Points can be used towards “Wildcards,” allowing you to double/triple up on weapons/equipment.
- There are 55 levels and 10 Prestige ranks.
- Classic game-modes are returning (TDM, Domination, Search and Destroy).
Scorestreaks, Maps, Factions, and more
Six Team Factions:
So far, Treyarch revealed four new multiplayer maps at Gamescom: Aftermath, Turbine, Cargo, and Yemen.
Scorestreaks, a new type of killstreak system, earned by getting kills and completing events such as capturing flags and securing objectives.
- It’s possible to earn more than one scorestreak at once.
- Regular kill gets the player 100 pts.
- Grabbing an enemy flag rewards 150 pts, scoring the flag gets 200 pts.
- There are currently 22 confirmed Score Streaks (below)
List of Scorestreaks
- RC-XD, returning from Call of Duty: Black Ops, a remote controlled car packed with a C4.
- UAV, reveals enemy points on the mini-map.
- Hunter Killer, and airborne drone that seeks out and destroys a nearby target.
- Care Package, air drop a random scorestreak or equipment.
- Counter UAV, temporarily disables enemy radar.
- Guardian, sends off a microvave field, which stuns and impairs the enemy.
- Hellstorm Missile, a missile piloted from the ground, able to burst in-air or on the surface.
- Lightning Strike, launch coordinated lightning strikes on three locations.
- Death Machine, a machine gun.
- Sentry Gun, airdrop a deployable automatic sentry gun.
- War Machine, a grenade launcher with rapid, semi-automatic firing.
- Dragonfire, remote controlled Quadrotor.
- AGR, a small tank unit, short for Autonomous Ground Robot; similar to a CLAW.
- Stealth Chopper, call in a stealth helicopter which does not appear on the enemy’s mini-map.
- Orbital VSAT, similar to the Blackbird in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Escort Drone, personal air support from a drone.
- Warthog, aircraft that provides close air support with several strafe runs.
- EMP Systems, disables enemy electronics, including radar, and RDS.
- Vtol Warship, control an Vtol Warship.
- K9 Unit, release a group of dogs that hunt down enemy.
- Swarm, send out a devastating attack that destroys enemies and enemy equipment across the entire map.
- Perk 1 Lightweight, Flak Jacket, Blind Eye, Ghost, Hardline
- Perk 2: Cold Blooded, Toughness, Hardwire, Fast Hands, Scavenger
- Perk 3: Engineer, Extreme Conditioning, Dead Silence, Tactical Mask, Dexterity, Awareness
Here are the original media and press sources:
We’ve included a list of new multiplayer videos below, so check it out!
- Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Reinvents the Loadout System – Gamescom 2012 by GameSpot
- BLACK OPS 2 GAMEPLAY #1 – SNIPING w/ Ballista on CARGO by tejbz
- Yemen Map Preview – Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Multiplayer by IGN
- Turbine Map Preview – Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Multiplayer by IGN
- Cargo Map Preview – Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Multiplayer by IGN
- Aftermath Map Preview – Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Multiplayer by IGN
- Black Ops 2 – 60 seconds of mutiplayer by VG24/7
We’ve also compiled the latest screenshots from the Gamescom previews. Check out the images here.
Make sure to stay tuned to Call of Duty Online for more of the latest news and the newest information on Call of Duty: Black Ops II during Gamescom! Also, keep checking back at this post as it will be updated with more information.